Re: URGENT: Rebuild indexes on partitioned tables 9i w2k

  • From: Stephen Andert <andert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:19:13 -0700

Bryan,

If the indexes are partitioned, dba_part_indexes will tell you about
them. owner, index_name, table_name, partition_count.  For information
on the partitions themselves can be found at dba_ind_partitions.  Look
at index_owner, index_name, partition_name, status and tablespace_name
are some of the key things to look at.

Why do you need to rebuild?  Are they invalid?

alter index owner.index_a rebuild partition (partition_name)
might work.  The parenthesis are tricky and a bit inconsistent
depending on what you are doing with partitions.

HTH
Stephen