Re: URGENT: Package keeps going invalid

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:20:49 -0400

One way to figure this out is to look at DBA_OBJECTS and check LAST_DDL
dates of other objects (those of interest will be referenced by your
package) that went invalid at the same time.  A trigger can be used to log
this information into a tracking table for complete after the fact
analysis.  Something you should watch is the granting of privileges as that
can cause an invalidation/revalidation sequence.

On 7/2/07, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are running Oracle Version on Solaris 2.9

We have a package that keeps going invalid.  It uses oracle mail with
utl_smtp.  We also have been having mail server problems.

1-Could a problem with mail services be causes a problem with a
user-defined package using utl_smtp and those mail services?

2-What is the most efficient way to track WHAT made a package go invalid?

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green

Rumpi Gravenstein