RE: URGENT!!! - Inadvertantly ran catalog.sql in an existing database

  • From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 03:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to thank everyone that responded to this e-mail.  I believe that
having Standard invalid then trying to run utlrp.sql caused core dumps and
eventually led to the entire server being hung maybe as I was in some kind of a
loop.  Once I was able to get access to the machine and cycle the server I was
able to try some things which was a combination of the advice I got from you
all.  This is what worked:

  1-I brought the database up in restricted mode
  2-I tried to run catalog.sql but it hung
  3-I compiled the Standard package and package body which were there but not
validated.
  4-I commented out the @Standard.sql so the Standard package would not get
recreated or invalidated
  5-I ran the rest of catalog.sql
  6-I ran catproc.sql
  7-I ran utlrp.sql (to validate just invalid objects).

  It all worked and didn't take long to do once I got access to the server -
that was the longest part.  :)

  Thanks very much for the help.
  Paula

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
Business.