Re: <URGENT> How do I recover when the UNDO tablespace data file is corrupt? </URGENT>

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:21:03 +0800

If you lose an active Undo Tablespace, the presence of another Undo Tablespace doesn't help because Instance Recovery still has to access the [lost] Undo Tablespace before the database can be opened.

At 09:28 PM Tuesday, Andrew Kerber wrote:
I have found that one precaution to always take is to always create two Undo tablespaces. That way if you lose your primary, you just have to switch over to the secondary. It doesnt even have to be very big.

Andrew W. Kerber

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes : http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html