Re: UNIX question

  • From: "Carel-Jan Engel" <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:18:47 +0200 (CEST)

Jaffar,

No ready to use example, just some hints.

1. use touch to create a file with a timestamp of 2 hours ago (see manpage
of touch)

2. create a list of all logfiles (list1)

3. create a list (list2) of files newer than this file using find with the
-newer option (see manpage)

4. remove elements of list2 from list1

5. rm file listed in list1

alas find has no -older function, and the -atime option works with a
'day'-unit.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===