RE: UNDO poll - was undo segments vs. rbs

  • From: "Patamalla, Chaya" <chaya.patamalla@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:30:36 -0500

I use UNDO, however I still got the famous ORA-01555. The funny thing is =
it happened during an analyze and it was consistent. I was using =
dbms_stats procedure. Every day, when the analyze job ran, I had an =
ORA-01555.  Metal link explained it as delayed block cleant out.  Check =
the metal link paper:40689.1.  This is a good article and I cannot =
explain better than this paper.  Kirtikumar has a good paper which he =
presented at IOUG - 2004 about Undos.
Bottom line, I increased the undo_retention and that fixed the problem.

My two cents experience

Chaya Patamalla=20
I/T Sr.Database Administrator=20
Tel=A0 913-1336=20
email=A0 chaya.patamalla@xxxxxxxx=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=20
--"The opinions expressed herein are solely the author's and are not =
necessarily the opinion of USAA."=A0--=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=20