RE: UL - contention Wait Event

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <snowman327@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:23:19 -0400

Hi Dean,

UL is a user lock...you're doing it to yourself.  ;-)

Look for code in your application that uses DBMS_LOCK calls.  The
DBMS_LOCK API is an interface to allow users and applications manage
locking through the same enqueue/lock mechanisms that Oracle uses
internally.  But, every lock created/managed by DBMS_LOCK will be of
type 'UL'.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.