Re: UK characters

  • From: Dougie McGibbon <dmcgibbon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:00:01 +1200

From what I can recall...

You must be using a character set that supports the currency symbol in question. The default (I think) is US7ASCII - which is not helpful. Try using something like
WE8ISO8859P1 - standard Western European 8 bit character set (not sure if there's a Euro symbol in there though).

You also need to have the NLS Territory, NLS Language and NLS Characterset all set correctly for a UK environment.

If you can't convert your existing characterset, then you'll need to rebuild the DB.
There's a raft of information in the Globalization (sic) Folder under metalink - have a look at note 190574.1 to get started.

Dougie McGibbon

genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks. Igor., I looked up nls_currency on the metalink, but I can't find a
list of acceptable values. Do you happen
to know where it is located?

thank you

Gene Gurevich

"Igor Neyman" <ineyman@perceptr on.com> To Sent by: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx oracle-l-bounce@f >, "oracle-l" reelists.org <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> cc 04/26/2006 02:27 Subject PM RE: UK characters Please respond to ineyman@perceptro n.com

Lookup NLS_CURRENCY