Re: UI to the Oracle Scheduler

Robert,

When you talk about an interface with APEX, are you thinking about a layer over the Oracle scheduler using the dbms_scheduler package ? If yes, that may be a possibility. There's a developer here who just began looking at APEX. I'll talk to him.
At 10:21 2010-01-19, Robert Freeman wrote:
We have been dealing with this question for a while now without an easy answer. OEM/Grid Control is one answer already given here. Another is that you could write a fairly simple interface with APEX. Are you locked into using the Oracle scheduler? If not, there are centralized scheduling packages out there that you could use instead.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex)
Other various titles
Blog: <http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com>http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com
Check out my new blog series on installing Oracle Database 11gR2 on Windows using VMWare!

Louis Brouillette
Chargé de projet informatique et technologique (DBA)
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435
Email: brouille@xxxxxxx