Re: Trying to locate a cursor with very little information

  • From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cshapi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 16:51:36 -0600

If you don't have the PARSE or PARSING lines, you won't have the sql text. However, if the STAT lines were written, you might be able to reverse engineer the statement from the plan. Use the STAT lines to see what plans use those operations and what statements use those plans.

Chen Shapira wrote:
Hi Oracle-L,

I read a fragment of a trace file as it is being written to disk. One
of the lines I see is:
FETCH #2:c=0,e=854,p=0,cr=14,cu=0,mis=0,r=1,dep=0,og=1,tim=259898908178

Unfortunately, I don't have the "PARSE" line that opened cursor #2.

Where should I look to attempt to find the relevant cursor and SQL?
Obviously I don't have anything like sql address or hash value that
can be helpful when looking at v$sql or v$open_cursor.

Any ideas and clues will be appreciated :)

Chen Shapira