RE: Trying to drop old undo tablespace that needs recovery

  • From: "ken naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mark.strickland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:35:59 -0500

Since it isn't the undo tablespace that is being used and you have
successfully shut it down and brought it up. I would bring the database down
and recreate the control file deleting all mention of the unrecoverable undo
tablespace. Of course I'd test this by cloning the key tablespaces and one
data tablespace onto another server first and backing up the original
database before and after is a must

Ken Naim