Re: Trying to drop old undo tablespace that needs recovery

  • From: Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.strickland@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:26:21 -0400

Mark,

I recently had a similar situation with a non-undo tablespace. I did not
offline drop the datafiles first; I just did alter tablespace small_data
offline temporary;, then dropped the tablespace including contents and
datafiles. Of course, the fact that this is an undo tablespace may be
complicating matters, but that approach was successful for me.

--
Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxx