RE: Troubles with parses

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:49:10 -0800

Roberto/Christian,

>>Forgive my ignorance, but my impression was (is) that the entire =
>purpose of
>>a connection pool is to reuse and not close the connections.

Forgive my ignorance too, but I *think* there is a JDBC setting that
controls whether the cursor requires a 'describe' of the objects involved in
order to see if there are any DDL mismatches. Would this not stress the
shared pool and cause parsing for internal recursive SQL? I would suggest
turning on trace across the whole database for just a few minutes while this
occurs and look at all the trace files for lines with "dep=1" (or "dep=2"!)

Cheers,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at
http://www.klove.com

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **