Re: Trigger Help

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:43:01 -0400

what I fail to understand is why would you use aud$ table when all the
information you need is available inside the trigger?

check
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96590/adg14evt.htm#1004237

this approach might help.
Raj

On 5/17/06, Burton, Laura <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now I have a problem though and can not find the answer. The trigger is an 'AFTER GRANT OR REVOKE ON SCHEMA' trigger. In the trigger I am reading the sys.aud$ table to capture the info (since auditing is turned on the database). The problem is that the record has not been written to the sys.aud$ when the trigger fires so it is getting the previous grant/revoke record. On a dml trigger you would use new.tablecolumn to check the information. What tablecolumn name do I check on a dml trigger? I tried using the sys.aud$ columns but that did not work of course.