Trigger Help

A few weeks ago I had asked a 'how to' question about what kind of
trigger to use to trigger an email being sent on a grant or revoke.
Someone sent a reply to try using a ddl trigger.  After hours/days of
research and grunt work I have finally got the trigger firing and emails
flying.

Now I have a problem though and can not find the answer.  The trigger is
an 'AFTER GRANT OR REVOKE ON SCHEMA' trigger.  In the trigger I am
reading the sys.aud$ table to capture the info (since auditing is turned
on the database).  The problem is that the record has not been written
to the sys.aud$ when the trigger fires so it is getting the previous
grant/revoke record.  On a dml trigger you would use new.tablecolumn to
check the information.  What tablecolumn name do I check on a dml
trigger?  I tried using the sys.aud$ columns but that did not work of
course.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!  Laura