RE: Transportable tablespaces violation question

  • From: "Fred Smith" <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert_Fenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:19:03 -0500

Not a dumb question, I should have specified it ... I am trying to transport the 2 tablespaces. The tablespace's names <name> is what I did for the e-mail, it does actually specify the tablespace names in question.

I was just worried that I can't transport tablespaces that show errors in transport_set_violations, even if I transport the 2 tablespaces in question. It sounds like I can do it though??

Thanks!

From: "Fenstermacher, Robert" <Robert_Fenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Transportable tablespaces violation question
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:07:14 -0700

Hi Fred-

Dumb question, but you are trying to transport the two tablespaces
together, right?

A transport set of tablespaces must be self-contained, so specify both
tablespaces in the exp command line (or .par file)

Exp file=exp_tts.dmp log=exp_tts.dmp transport_tablespace=y
tablespaces=(data_tablespace_name, index_tablespace_name)

HTH

Robert