Re: Tracing an ORA-01410 error

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:07:53 -0800 (PST)

As Stefan pointed out, the error stack in the trace file won't help you
much, except in the sense that you find the same or similar error stack
on Metalink. In your case, it's probably "bug" 7257258, which is clearly
explained in Note:727597.1 (Getting ORA-1410 When Running Select Against
Partition or Subpartition With Active Exchange). You can compare your
error stack with that in the bug report. If you have exchange partition
in your ETL code, it most likely matches the "bug", and honestly there's
really nothing Oracle can do to help you avoid this error.

Yong Huang