Re: Trace file name ?

  • From: "George" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:55:03 +0200 (SAST)

Hi Niall

for now the alter session will do for me,
i am appending a little pointer for myself and then also using the alert
log write functionality to write a line in there when and for who tracing
was enabled and the instance_ora_+spid.trc.

but def agree, would be a nice enhancement, a procedure you can call in
dbms_monitor once you enabled tracing to return the trace file name.

George