Re: Trace Analyzer and bind variables

Joe,

LEVEL 8 will include timed/wait events but not bind variables.
Use LEVEL 4 (trace + binds) or LEVEL 12 (trace + binds + waits)

Regards,
Daniel Fink

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Sweetser, Joe wrote:
Hi all -

I can't seem to find the value of the bind variables in my trace
analyzer output and I read here
(http://www.oracleutilities.com/Packages/trca.html) that they should be
displayed.  I created the following logon trigger for the user I am
concerned with:

AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE
begin
 if user like 'SSSQ%' then
  execute immediate 'alter session set timed_statistics=true';
  execute immediate 'alter session set max_dump_file_size=unlimited';
  execute immediate 'alter session set events ''10046 trace name context
forever, level 8''';
 end if;
end;

Am I missing something obvious?  The trace level?

Any/all ideas/suggestions much appreciated.

thanks,
-joe
Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.