Too soon for HP-UX 11.23?

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:14:17 -0400

When I asked my first question about how good HP-UX 11.23 was, I only
got one hit.

What version is everyone else currently running?

Right now, the production server is: "HP-UX ga016afe B.11.11".

I don't mind going newer, but I would hate this to be a "show stopper"
if our production machines won't install.

Also, AURGH!!! They want me to install Oracle 8.1.6 on this box. I'm
thinking that ain't gonna go, but who knows? I'm trying to discourage
that.

We also got the possibility of just copying all the software from the
old box to the new box, basically duplicating /u001 where the
$ORACLE_HOME is. But if the O/S changes, will that work?

Any "Been there, done that, you're (hosed/okay)" greatly appreciated.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505

1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Va.  23227
Tel: 804.261.9446  Net: 643.9446

Cell: 804.744.1545
 <mailto:michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx> michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Seeing beyond Money(sm)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]