From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Lange
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:06 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: "Too Many Declarations" Error

Evening guys;
  One of our developers keeps getting the following error when running a
PL/SQL script on our 8.1.7.4 database under solaris 9:

SQL> @ongoing_facipsa_CALI_insert.sql

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

Errors for PROCEDURE ONGOING2_CALI_FACIPSA_INSERT:

LINE/COL ERROR
--------
37/14    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
71/18    PLS-00307: too many declarations of 'DECODE' match this call

Does anyone know if there is an init-parm or something that drives how
many
'too many' is that I can set differently ??

Thanks

Kevin

p.s.   He is only using 2 decodes in that script ... so, why would this
be
too many ?