RE: Tom Kyte's DBA Resolutions for 2009

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:56:40 -0500

Mayen,

    Yes it's very true.  I have always believed that each person should
have their own "playground" where they can break things to see how to
repair them.  I maintain a lab at home for that purpose & really
appreciate it.  Doesn't take much in the way of hardware, but a lot in
dedication to one's chosen career.  I've noticed that participation in
my local user group, the Northeast Oracle Users Group(NOUG), was pretty
spotty last year.  The next meeting is April 1st at Bentley College in
Boston MA.  HINT to all of you from the Northeast US.  And I'd add to
Tom's resolutions on participation and mentoring, think about doing a
session at your local users group.  They have their hands full trying to
get people to speak.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the