RE: Todays Oracle 11.2.0.2 quiz...

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx'" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:08:33 -0500

I would reason it this way.

Not E because it's a hidden parameter.
Not B because analyze is bad.
So, A, C, or D.

Further:
Oracle typically steers the standard DBA away from "manually" setting anything
with each new release. So, I throw out A.
Now, either C or D.

Finally:
Oracle also likes to keep default at default with each new release - If too
many people are changing the same value consistently then they did a poor job
configuring that value, so I'd say that the Oracle's "preferred" answer is C.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.