Re: To set or not to set that is the question.

Yes the agent owner can run (at least) the cemutlo utility if CRS_HOME is
set.

On 6/2/06, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Niall, are these users in the same os group?, if not does the agent owner have the execute privs required to run cemutlo, and other crs tools?

As for the second question, it's only merit is that it allows you to have
different DBs, and the dba of one cannot mingle with the others.

rgds

On 6/2/06, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Well it is one question anyway. I have a second as well > > The environment that I have inherited here we have some > development linux servers running RAC with multiple Oracle homes. Each home > is owned by a different os account. The storage is on ASM, again owned by a > different os account. The folk here have installed Grid Control 10.1and deployed the management agent to yet another oracle home owned by yet > another os account. Grid control discovers the various databases as single > instance databases rather than as clustered databases. This is expected > behaviour since the discovery process uses $CRS_HOME/bin/cemutlo -n to > discover if it is on a cluster or not and CRS_HOME is not set for the os > account that runs the agent. So my questions are > > 1, is there a reason not to set CRS_HOME for the oracle software owners > on these boxes? > 2, Is multiple accounts owning a single ORACLE_HOME each a normal setup? > It seems odd to me. > > -- > Niall Litchfield > Oracle DBA > http://www.orawin.info >

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA