RE: To set events or not set events, that is the question

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:14:31 -0500

Thanks all for your replies.  Based on what was said here and by Oracle
Support, I'll be setting up the events for the short term, and playing with
Niall's example of the SERVERERROR trigger for the long term.  We've got an
instance bounce for some critical OS patches for next week, so that should be
fine.

I think it's interesting that the whole SQL statement is in the alert.log.
That statement should never appear as-is on our production DB.  Perhaps someone
was playing around in Production since our Development box isn't yet 100% after
our 9i conversion...

Thanks again!
Rich

rjesse@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA