RE: To autostart database or not?

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:15:24 -0400

Hmmm, in all the shops I've worked in (except the windows boxes), we did
not autostart for the reason was the unix box either rarely if ever
crashed, so if it did we would want to check it out before restarting

In one previous shop, unix shutdown every Sunday anyway, so it was coded
to only autostart on that day.... perhaps that was at that time one
reason the unix box rarely crashed... if ever.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904  727-2546