From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guang Mei
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:44 AM
To: dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: To autostart database or not?

I have my production dbs auto-started, while the dev dbs not.

Usually the alert log file and trace/dump file would give you enough
clue(s) why the instance goes down.  I am in Boston and I had one db in
California went down at 3am (Boston time) because of power outage. I did
not get the call and it auto-started.

Guang