From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:31 AM
To: lfcerri@xxxxxxxxx; Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: To autostart database or not?

We never used dbshut without customizing it first.   It shutdown aborts
etc., good for SA who reboots server before shuting down database, or a
crash if it is rc3 directories... but for normal use we always seemed to
have to customize it... same for oraenv which be default only sets a
couple variables.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx