Re: To Sql Server???

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vlado@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 07:59:06 -0700

The lack of concurrency will cause major changes to the application.
SQL Server apps tend to require a lot of temporary tables for reporting
purposes, as the data can change while it is being read.

Not a recipe for success.

Is there a business case for this move to SQL Server?

I doubt that it's price. MS does not give this product away.

For some licensing situations it may be less than Oracle, but
not enough to make it worthwhile to rewrite an app.

You can't really 'port' this to SQL Server. It is a rewrite.

--
Jared Still