Re: Thoughts on crs installation on HP-UX

  • From: Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Oracle-L Freelists'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:53:55 -0900

Thank you all for your responses.  I passed your questions to the
system administrator who came back to me today with some more info.

It looks like we really do not need to install crs since we are not
using RAC.  There is something in Service Guard that mentions RAC,
(licensing?) so the system administrator read more into it and thought
that we needed to install crs.

From what I understand, Service Guard and Veritas (VxFS?) are giving
us what we want, a clustered file system and the ability to control
what node a service/application/database runs on.  If a node goes
down, the database will automatically come up on another node.  It
really is pretty basic.

If anyone is running Oracle on HP-UX, any comments about your setup
would be most appreciated, especially if you are using Service Guard
and/or Veritas...or even crs.

Thanks again for all of your comments!

- Maureen