RE: Thoughts on Parallelization

  • From: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:28:40 -0400

"However I can't say that the parallel queries were really causing any
performance problem."

Then why do anything?

I'd stay away from parallel hints.  Talk about adding work.  In my world a
hint is a coding change with all the trapping that entail.  Why take a
system/object changeable setting and put it in code?  It's like asking a
lawyer to build a house; she could probably do it, but it will cost you and
the skill-set is not optimal.

I've never had a good experience with parallel_adaptive_multi_user, but I
know some who use it.  It is Not good if SLAs are tied to strict performance

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:47 AM