Re: Thoughts in /* standardized SQL remarks */

  • From: "Ethan Post" <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jbrenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:24:06 -0600

Yes that is a good point. I suppose so long as I add the comments in an
automated fashion to the source code then it isn't really a big deal if it
disappears someday since not a lot of work went into it. My guess is that
there will also always be some parameters available to prevent Oracle from
doing this. While I wouldn't normally disable such options, it may be
beneficial when going through a very large trace file and trying to
determine why Widget thingy doesn't do the inventory thingy right when the
wdiget comes off backorder.

So the main recommend so far is "keep it short and sweet". I agree.