Third Party tool rant

  • From: "Richard J. Goulet" <rgoulet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:20:34 -0500

Folks,

    Pardon me, but I just got to let this out before I start thinking
about mailing a letter bomb or some other sort of retribution.  I've got
a number of duhvelopers, with an emphasis on the duh, that use Toad.
Now every once in a while these folks just have to call Quest tech
support for some assistance, like integrating PVCS.  Well every time
they do that the Quest tech folks inform them that they NEED DBA
priviledges in the database.  It's a major pain in the neck with my
having to repair something there after, like restoring a tablespace that
they dropped.  Is there anyone out there having similar problems?  And
if there are any Quest folks on the list, which I believe there are, how
about tweaking the tool so that DBA is NOT needed.  I mean replace all
those calls to DBA_this and that with ALL_.

Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA

45 Bartlett St  Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA
Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax:  508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795

RGoulet@xxxxxxxxxx
: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

GIF image