Re: The dollar symbol in SQL script names and Unix

  • From: Tony Sequeira <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 20:06:53 +0100

Michael Moore wrote:
Maybe you could just create an alias / link .
I've been attempting get a mutually acceptable work around, no success.

I offered to create a wrapper script, no go.

Just need to know if anyone has come across any issues, for my own peace of mind.
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Tony Sequeira <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    Anyone have any issues with SQL script names in Unix (AIX
    specifically).

    This is in relation to S. Feuerstein's fine PL/SQL error handling
    library Quest Error Manager:

http://www.toadworld.com/DOWNLOADS/Freeware/QuestErrorManagerFreeware/tabid/685/Default.aspx

    I've been told that the install script qem$install.sql, has
    caused, and is liable to cause problems running in SQL*Plus  (no
    here document involved in this case, a simple sqlplus and
    @scriptname).

    First I've heard of it, anyone else?

    I'm home now, but I'll have a bash at it on a Solaris 10 machine
    tomorrow, see if I can break it.  ISTR recall that to use an
    environment variable in SQL*Plus, you have to use a here
    document.  I've had a quick google, nothing has come to light.

    Thing is, I've been asked to change the script names, so that none
    of them have a dollar symbol in them, never mind my protests.

    Regards.

-- S. Anthony Sequeira
    ++
    Their idea of an offer you can't refuse is an offer... and you'd better
    not refuse.
    ++

--
S. Anthony Sequeira