RE: Testing an rman backup

  • From: "Hallas, John (EXP N-ARM)" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:05:56 +0100

I have never understood why you have to connect to the source database
and what happens when you do.

One issue I have had to battle with is change control. Even though you
are building a copy database on a test/development node you still have
to make a connection to the production system , which requires a CC.

I raised a metalink call with Oracle on this matter several years ago
(probably v8) but I IIRC the answer was waffle and there was no good
reason.

And why oh why is the source database called 'target'

John