Re: Testing Refresh Procedure

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chughhk@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:06:27 -0600

Chugh,

   My requirements is also similar where I have to refresh the lower regions
> (databases - development,system,acceptance etc.) from production data but
> not the functions,procedures,packages etc. very frequently. I use exp, and
> imp data after disabling triggers,fk constraints and truncating tables.

The advantage of cloning techniques compared to export/import is that you
receive an exact replica of the production system. Why would you want to
exclude functions, procedures, packages, etc.? The idea is that before a
change is promoted to production it is tested against a current copy of
production. The worst circumstance is that you promote something to
production only to discover after much anguish that production has a
different version of a function, procedure, package, or etc. than the test
database.

Dennis Williams