RE: Testing Process for Gathering single object stats.

  • From: "Jorgensen, Finn" <Finn.Jorgensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pdthedba@xxxxxxxxx'" <pdthedba@xxxxxxxxx>, 'Oracle-L Group' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:57:48 -0400

PD,

This sounds to me like one of those political battles you can't win. Your sr.
management has already made up their minds and they have more than enough
knowledge to be dangerous. If you manage to convince them to do things
differently than they propose and things go wrong again, it's your neck on the
line. Why would you risk that? Since they have already designed the solution
just build what they propose. If it works, great. It solves everybody's
problem. If it doesn't work you know have a chance to save the day with your
own solution (provided you are able to solve the problem).

I know this was not your question and not what you wanted to hear, but after 20
years in this business, that's what I would do.

Thanks,
Finn