From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of NGUYEN Philippe (Cetelem)
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 4:15 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tbs READ ONLY and Snapshot too old

Hi List,
just a little question about read only tbs :
We have big tables that are loaded once and never updated during the month ,

so I think it's a good thing to switch their tbs to read only mode.
Web have a lot of script that request thoses heavy tables to build small
tables and we often encounter ORA-01555.
Do you think that "in general" this operation could enhance our ORA-01555
problems ?
TIA
Philippe