RE: Tape backup solutions

> I am considering a Dell Powervault tape library with 1 LTO-2
> drive and 24 ....

> Does anyone have this library (or a library from this series)?
> If yes can you share your experiences (good or bad)?

Hi Ken,

I have Dell's PV132T library with 2 LTO units, also connected to
Win2K box via SCSI channel, Veritas NetBackup, etc. Works like a
charm, pushing its second year now.

Depending on how much data you plan to backup nightly you should
have on mind that (real life) speed of one LTO unit is slightly
over 60 GB/h. Your backup window may or may not be "wide" enough.
Adding more LTO units to the fry helps, and so does adding
external storage, backing your data there at network speeds
and transferring that stuff (off the "backup" array) to tape
at your leisure/convenience.

Branimir