Tape backup solutions

  • From: Ken Naim <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:19:34 -0400

Dear group,
I am considering a Dell Powervault tape library with 1 LTO-2 drive and 24
tape slots for a total of 4.8tb uncompressed. This library will be used to
backup our oracle development and staging severs as well several file
servers and an exchange server. The server will be directly attached to
win2k machine via scsi and running Veritas NetBackup which then connects to
all the windows and Solaris machines to perform the backups

The primary reason I am considering this library is price (~$10k). Does
anyone have this library (or a library from this series)? If yes can you
share your experiences (good or bad)? Also does anyone one have any other
suggestions in this general price range or slightly more expensive, say up
to $15k.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Kenneth Naim