Re: Taking Backup from standby database

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vadim Keylis <vkeylis2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 21:08:29 -0500

On 12/02/2016 09:05 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

I am connected to the primary database, which is visible from the RMAN, which doesn't say "not open" for the target connection. Nevertheless, the catalog sees the backup of the archive logs, as if the backup was taken on the original. I am working with Oracle backups on the daily basis and I have run into this about a year ago.
Regards
Having said all of this, I would still be worried why the backup script failed in your case. Your script shouldn't have failed, it should have succeeded with warnings.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA