Re: Tahiti's down...

  • From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:40:15 -0800

I know we've been discussing Windows and Linux; my apologies for veering
onto a different platform. Since more people are using Macs these days, I
thought I'd share this tidbit. :-)

If you're into those "shiny and expensive" workstations, you can use the
command-line interface to the Mac OS X Spotlight utility to search specific

zathras:Reference jpiwowar$ mdfind -onlyin ./RDBMS10gR2

...output mercifully snipped; I'm still exploring how to make smarter
queries ;-)

Now, if only there were a way to restrict searching by directories using the
normal Spotlight interface, without having to click (ugh) on fields in a
Finder (double ugh) window...

John P.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Guillermo Alan Bort