Tablespace recovery - TSPITR??

  • From: steve noyle <stevenoyle1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have a table that I need to recover from an old
backup. I seem to recall reading somewhere that I can
just plug in the old datafile into my test database
and access the table that way. The table is the only
object in the datafile. Unfortunately I do not have
any archived logs available. What I have available is
a test database and an old backup file where the table
resides.

If that is not possible, what are my options?

test database - 9.2.0.3 on HPUX
the old backup file was originally also from a 9.2.0.3
database on HPUX.

thanks.

steve