Table with data but not segment

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:36:07 -0500

I would like to clarify or confirm.  I can query (user_tables union
user_indexes) minus user_segments and see about 4 tables and 9 indexes.
7 turn out to be normal and 2 are IOT - TOP indexes.

I guess the 3 tables with 0 rows and all the indexes that go with them
might not have a segment?

There is one table with and IOT - TOP index with 100000 rows.  Two
indexes go with this table, one of them is IOT - TOP, the other normal.

Even and Index has a segment, why would I not have a segment for
this(ese) table(s) or Indexes?