Re: Table growth - disk sizing

  • From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:00:28 -0400

Back to the initial question ( requirement priority keeps changing -
now table growth is priority again):
I need to estimate table growth. Database is still not in production
so I can't track growth and predict table size in conventional way.

I am thinking on modeling table growth based on known number of transactions per
year; finding how much disk space each transaction takes in each
table; then multiplying by number of transactions per year;
theoreticaly it should work - the only problem I see is: how to figure
out exact disk space used per transaction .

Convoluted ? Impossible ?

Please advise.