Re: Table growth - disk sizing

  • From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:59:42 -0400

Thanks Jared.
It is clearer now what they want - to avoid disk hot spots ( group
tables by read/write and growth characteristics to avoid hot spots on
disk. Disks are SAN,  RAID 0+1 - so there is no precise control over
file location on disk. Why separate objects into tablespaces/datafiles
when you don't know where read/write is going to end up anyway ?

Ranko.