Re: TX wait on I_OBJ# and C_OBJ#

For a lock of type TX, the ID2 value is not an
object id, it's the sequence number of the slot
taken by the transaction in the transaction table
in an undo segment header. ID1 is the undo segment
number * 65536 + undo slot number. (You can cross-check this against v$transaction, columns
XIDUSN, XIDSLOT, XIDSQN).

It is a little odd that you have re-used transaction slots
so little - have you just created the database, or a new
undo tablespace.  If not, it is possible that some recent
action has created a lot of new undo segments (assuming
you are using automatic undo) - this could be contributing
indirectly to your problems.

If you have lots of blocked transactions, then you could
run a query against v$lock where BLOCK = 1, which will identify the sessions (and locks) doing the blocks,
this may take you a step forward in solving the problem.
In this case, with TX locks requested in mode 6, the commonest cause is simply waiting for another session
to release some locked rows.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 29th Nov 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sami Seerangan" <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>