RE: TX Enqueues - mode 4

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:27:00 -0400

John,

If the issue is #1 (ITL slot shortage), INITRANS can be increased, but
for it to have effect on all blocks, the segment will need to be
rebuilt.  If it's 2 (primary key overlap on insert), then it's really an
application design and/or coding issue.

To answer your original question, if, when the wait is happening, you
look at the waiting session in V$SESSION, and join to V$SQL by
SQL_ADDRESS and HASH_VALUE, you ought to be able to see the SQL that's
causing the wait.  That SQL should be doing (attempting to do) DML on a
particular table.  That table is the one causing you the problems.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA