RE: TOAD Xpert privileges

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:36:10 -0500

Mark - Meaning I get suspicious of any package that insists on extensive
privileges. I credit this suspicious nature for my continued employment as a
DBA.

Tony - So you are saying that I need to create a schema with these extensive
privileges but somehow I don't have to give that password to the developers?
Is there a way to reduce the privileges after object installation?
   You say that you've found TOAD pretty safe. I would be much comforted if
you said you found TOAD Xpert to be safe.
   Thanks for your input.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.