From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:38 AM
To: thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Raymond.Feighery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
george.rusnak@xxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: TNS_ADMIN

In the past, when I've been confused about where my
system was getting a particular connect string definition,
I've found it can be useful to do something like:

truss tnsping problem_connect_string 2>&1 | grep tnsnames

And this will give the order that things are searched, and
which was the first to succeed.

-Mark